Posts Tagged ‘Spanish-language Advertising’

To Dub or Not to Dub?

August 17, 2012


Bookmark and Share

By: Marcelino Miyares, Jr., Director Mercury en español

Something happened in the sports world in mid-May that will go down as a watershed moment in media. It wasn’t about the NBA playoffs or the NFL draft. It was a Sports Center advertisement on ESPN.

For 17 years, the “This is SportsCenter” advertisements have always been in English. But when Yankees second baseman Robinson Cano followed the path of Tony Romo, Albert Pujols, the Manning family, and dozens of others around the ESPN headquarters, giving high-fives to staff members, it was the first time ever that the ad was broadcast in Spanish, and it marked the first time the network showed a Spanish ad on both ESPN Deportes, its Spanish-language sports channel, and its English-language sister channel ESPN2.
(more…)

Advertisements

Mercury Media Releases “The Power of the Hispanic Consumer”

April 27, 2010


Bookmark and Share

We’ve released the second installment of our TV Perspectives series of whitepapers today, “The Power of the Hispanic Consumer,” measuring the impact Hispanic consumers are having on direct response advertisers’ ROI.

According to the 2009 Mercury Media Hispanic Index™, an aggregation of results from our agency’s long-form DRTV campaigns that ran simultaneously in Spanish and English, brands that allocated, on average, 24% of their media spend to a separate and unique Hispanic campaign saw their overall sales revenue increase by an average of 47% and their revenue net of media spend grow by 71%.
(more…)